The Chromecast is considered to be Google’s dongle is a bundle of joy to the users. However, there will be times when it also has the issues and is in need of troubleshooting to right the problems. There are nothing like the interfaces that will have ‘Ready to cast’ screen or the aid of an android app that will perform the job of factory data reset and without these resetting the factory data settings in the chromecasts can be really confusing. If you don’t know how to go about and are annoyed with the issue do not worry.
We all have gone through this experience, some of the best devices and tools hit irreparable issues. But instead of not using the Google chromecast or sending it back for a replacement there is a wonderful idea to make it work. Try restoring the device in the factory settings and redo the process of setup from the scratch. This process will only take a few minutes of your time but a very effective deed to make your chromecast work again. Recently, we have shared how to setup Chromecast for beginners, make sure you check it out.
Your chromecast should be connected with your TV. Both of it must be hooked with the same Wi-Fi connection which your computer is connected. Now let’s see the chromecast reset functions for the modern chromecast as well as the older chromecast.
How To Reset Chromecast To Factory Settings (Step By Step Tutorial)
- Firstly open the Google home app available on your smartphone. This app is the one that has the control of the chromecast.
- Now open the menu that contains the settings. It will be visible in the ellipses symbol on the upper right corner next to the chromecast name. Tap the ellipses and you will find the settings opening. Select the factory reset settings from the options.
- Now all you need to do is to confirm the choices you have made. A box will open and ask your command to reset the settings or not. You have to click ‘ok’ to reset the settings.
- You can also do a hard reset option that is only optional in nature. If you are unable to access the chromecasts settings menu for some unknown reason you have another option called as the hard reset option. You can perform this by holding and pressing down the button on the chromecast. When you do this an orange light will flash and will then turn white and when the light turns white you have got to stop pressing the button. They device will reset again without any interruptions.
How to Reset Older ChromeCast Devices?
- Open the chromecast app available on your computer. Sometimes the exact location of the chromecast app can vary. But if you have installed the programs correctly it will be visible on your desk top. Unfortunately, if it is not available, check in the start menu. It will depend on the devices you are using like Mac, Linus or ChromeOS.
- If you have more chromecasts on your network be sure to select the ones you want to format and leave out the rest of the chromecasts. Then click the settings.
- Now all is there to do is to click ok to the reset the chromecast. Do not click on it until you are perfectly certain about going through the initial setup process of the chromecast.
- There will an option that will ask confirmation to reset the factory settings of the chromecast. It will mention the fact that it will erase all the data and settings that you done all these days to the chromecast. If you accept all these things the program will commence the factory reset settings.
- If this process of the chromecasts reset setting is not working for you try the other process. You can perform the factory reset settings manually. Below the micro USB port, there will be the small black button. When the chromecast is connected with the TV you have to hold and press the button for just twenty five seconds. If the light in it is starting to flicker and blink it is the cue to let go of it. After two minutes the device will be reset automatically and you can make yourselves ready to begin the initial setup process.
These are the tips you can follow to reset the factory settings of the chromecast. Keep visiting Chromecastguide for more information!