The chromecast is an enterprising media adapter of the Google. You can play online content like videos and music on the television. This adapter is a very useful dongle that can be plugged into TVs HDMI port. A cable is connected to a USB port to effectively power the device. There is an app in a mobile that will allow you to use your smartphone, laptop, tablet and desktop computer as the remote for this digital TV. Once the video is streaming it is not essential to keep the app open and the device can also be used for many other things.
The chromecast can be used to stream many sources like Netflix, YouTube, GooglePlay, Hulu Plus, and the Chrome Browser. This is called using Technology for the good. Have a good time with your family and friends by hooking up the chromecast to your TV. It is pretty easy to control the TV too. No downloads or logins are required in the chromecast to watch the videos and shows that are streamed online. Sometimes the content put up online is more interesting than the content on TV. The shows are only released online and never on the TV. In these cases, you can use the chromecast to view your favorite shows.
There are several competitors for the chromecast like Roku streaming app and the Apple TV. These devices are used to stream media to the TV.
You can set up the chromecast to view many channels on the TV. This form of entertainment is preferred by many users of chromecast. If you set it up you will be able to watch channels and videos from YouTube and Netflix. Therefore let’s see how to hook chromecast to the TV.
How To Hookup Google Chromecast To TV? A Step By Step Guide
- Plug the chromecast to the HDMI port on your TV.
- Now connect the chromecasts USB cable to the television or to a wall adapter. If there is a USB port on your TV you can use that to power the device chromecast. So it can also be plugged to the wall.
- Switch on the TV
- There are some functions that need to be done. You have to change the HDMI input which the chromecast is connected. Use the source button in the remote to switch the HDMI input. It must also be labeled for the purpose of identification. Also check out our recent blog post on resetting the chromecast.
- Then connect the android device to a fast wireless network. To use the chromecast the android must be connected with a good Wi-Fi network. To switch on the Wi-Fi go to the settings app click the Wi-Fi option and tap the home network.
- Click on the playstore of your device. Type the Google home in the search options. Select the Google home in the options.
- Install the Google home on your device.
- Tap the open button displayed to open the Google home app.
- Tap the devices in the Google home app front page.
- Then go to the options that will allow home connection when it will show to prompt the location.
- Tap the name of the chromecast in the list for the setup functions.
- When you tap the setup option you have to wait a few minutes for the function to commence. The chromecast will connect.
- There will be a confirmation inquiry where you have to check the code on TV that has to match with the app.
- Type a name for your chromecast.
- Type the Wi-Fi password and connect the chromecast. Newer android devices can connect to the Wi-Fi automatically but the older versions need manual entering of the connection.
- Now you can see many online contents on the TV. When you are connected you will be able to use comfortable apps like Hulu and Netflix to cast videos and shows that are popular. Tap the button in the chromecast and then click the name of the chromecast to play the contents. However, before doing this you have to make sure your android device is connected to the wireless network of the home. It must not be connected with the other network created by the chromecast.
Recommended: How To Reboot Chromecast (Tutorial)
Chromecast is the best way to get videos and many more to your TV. Have an amazing time watching shows with chromecast. Keep visiting Chromecastguide for more information and amazing tutorials.